- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to Appearance >Themes.
- Select ‘Add New’.
- Then, select ‘Upload Theme’.
- Click ‘Browse’ and Locate ‘newslite.zip’ theme on your computer.
- Select ‘newslite.zip’ and click ‘Install Now’.Using FTP
You can use FTP client like FileZilla to connect your web server.
- Unzip newslite.zip to your Desktop.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server, go to wp-content > themes and upload your new copy of your newslite theme.
- Now, log into the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- You will see the theme in the list.
- Then click Activate button.
The theme will now be activated.
Further information of theme installation is here.
How to setup homepage?
First create Posts, Categories
Go to Dashboard,
Posts > Add New
Go to “Customize => Static Front Page” in Appearance.
How to setup slider ? - Pro feature
Customizing > Header Carousel Section
1. Enable Header Carousel
2. No of carousel to display
3. Choose any Category and click Published Button.
How to setup Sticky Post
When creating new post
you will find sticky option, It is WordPress Default feature.
From Customize section,
Go to Header Section Settings.
1. Top Header Settings
2. Header Banner Advertise
Go to Header Section Settings. Header Banner Advertise
a) From Customize section, go to Site Identity.
b) From Site Identity, you will be able to add various options related to site identity like:
i) Site Title: Enable site title of the site.
ii) Tagline: Enable tagline (i.e:Description) of the site.Just below 3 site title.
iii) Site Icon: Select the site icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site
iv) Logo: Add/Change logo of the site.
v) If you do not have a logo: You can enable/disable title and tagline.
How to setup Pouplar/Recent Tab in sidebar
Go to Appearance > Widget
you can see “Newslite:Tab Widget” in widget lists
Drag this widget under sidebar.
and add required information here:
From Customize section, go to Font Family.
From Customize section, go to Colors.
Go to dashboard
Appearance > Menus
1. Create primary menu for Main Menu
select primary check box and save it.
2. Create Social menu for Social Links
We have Three Unique Sidebar Widget available in free version.
1. Newslite: Author Widget
2. Newlite:Tab Widget
3. Newslite: Recent Post Widget
Three footer widget are available
1. Footer Column One
2. Footer Column Two
3. Footer Column Three
Footer Copywrite Text
Page, Post Layout Options
There are mainly three page layout options available
1. Contents-Primary Sidebar
2. Primary Sidebar-Contents
3. No Sidebar